The Forget-Me-Not Sweater Shoppe
- PHYSICAL ADDRESS
- 605 Mission St
- Ketchikan, AK 99901
- view map
Greetings from the Forget-Me-Not Sweater Shoppe
Specializing in sweaters and accessories from around the world….
Located in Beautiful Downtown Ketchikan, Alaska, at 605 Mission St. by the Chief Kyan Totem Pole and Whale Park. We are on your walk to Historic Creek Street; legendary for it’s salmon run, and in olden days known as the place where the salmon, and the fishermen went upstream to spawn.
We carry a vast array of accessories from handknit hats from Nepal to Peruvian Alpaca hats, gloves & scaves, plus Irish beanies & tams. We also carry brand names like Kangol, and Goorin Bros. hats, and Isotoner gloves, Oh, and we did not forgert your feet, with socks of wool and alpaca. and more....
Some of our more unique items include:
• Quviut; Accessories from the soft underwool of the Musk Ox, hand knitted by Native Alaskans from along the Bering Sea, each village having it’s own design.
• Gypsy Sailor Handspun; made from New Zealand Wool, handspun then handknitted into sweaters & scarves, felted hats too, all made in Alaska
• “Possum Merino” jumpers (sweaters); From New Zealand, This textile is a blend of Merino Wool and fine Possum Fur.
We carry sweaters from:
• Peruvian Link and Sol lines; Alpaca and Alpaca blends, beautiful ethnic designs and contemporary styles, made in Peru and the USA.
• Dale of Norway; durable and striking traditional Norwegian designs made in Norway.
• Carrigdon, and Aran Isles; an assortment of traditional cable knits, fisherman’s sweaters, cardigans, and comtemporary styles, made in Ireland
• Icelandic & Nawari Designs; Scandinavian and Nepalese lines.
and of course, more...